Oral technical session and Poster presenters have been notified of their abstract status. If you submitted an abstract and did not receive your status, please contact us. Moderators will be announced soon.
Oral Technical Presentations
Send to Moderator Deadline: July 13, 2022
Upload to Speaker's Corner Deadline: July 27, 2022
Oral Technical Presenters will give their 20-minute presentation LIVE during their designated session time. After your presentation, there will be 5 minutes for Q&A from the audience.
Oral Technical Presentation Guidelines
Oral Technical Presentation Template
: July 25, 2022
Posters will be available for viewing to attendees at any time during the meeting. Designated "authors present" time will be noted in the schedule. Poster presenters are required to use the template below.Poster Guidelines
More information on Poster hours to come.
Abstract Submission has now closed.
Brewing Summit Technical Presenters must adhere to the following requirements:
- All accepted oral and poster presenters must register for Brewing Summit by June 17, 2022.
- All attendees who are participating in-person
must be fully vaccinated or provide a negative PCR test result to attend. Visit the
Health & Safety page for more information.
You will be asked to provide the following details for your abstract submission to the 2022 meeting.
For any questions, please contact
- Please use a short and concise title that indicates the content of the abstract. The title is limited to 25 words.
- Do not place a period at the end of your title.
- Do not place hard returns in your title.
- Italicize scientific names of organisms.
- No trade names or trademarks are permitted in abstract titles.
This is the email address that will receive initial communication regarding the start of the abstract submission. Once the review process begins, the Presenting Author will be the main contact for the submission.
Preferred Presentation Type
Specifying a preference does not guarantee format placement. The submission of an abstract indicates you agree to present in the format assigned.
Oral— Oral presentations are allotted 25 minutes (20 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for discussion). There is no limit on the number of oral preferred presentations submitted.
Poster—The 2022 posters will be displayed on poster boards in the exhibit hall. There is no limit on the number of poster preferred presentations submitted.
This presentation is... (select one)
Please indicate the keyword (and if applicable, secondary keyword) that
best fits your submission. This keyword selection will be used to guide the Program Team during the review process. It will also be used to index presentations for the meeting; it will be the index that attendees will use to narrow down programming searches.
- Shelf Life and Stability
- Brewery Safety
- Brewery Packaging Technology
- Brewery Maintenance
- Brewery Quality Assurance
- Herbs & Spices
- Hard Seltzers
- Hard Teas
- Low Alcohol Beverages
- Non-Alcohol Beverages
Yeast & Microbiology
- Yeast Fermentation
- Fermentation Mechanisms
- Sour Beer
- Barrel Fermentation/Aging
- Bottle Closures
- Brewers' Grains
- Barley By-Products
- Malt By-Products
- Supply Chain
- Brewery Sensory
- Color and Clarity
- Drought Resistant Grains
- Benchmarking and KPIs
- Water Conservation
- Workforce Sustainability
Professionalism & Outreach
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Mental Health
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
In order to proceed with the abstract submission, your agreements with the following statements are required:
- All authors are aware that their names appear on this abstract.
- The research represented by this abstract has not been accepted for publication in a journal as of the date this abstract was submitted.
- If accepted, the presenting author agrees to present the abstract during the scheduled time/date.
- The presenting author will keep ASBC informed of any changes to the contact information provided.
Search for a Person
In this step, you will add the abstract presenting author and co-authors. Begin by searching for the author's name or email address in the search box. If they have a current record in the submission system, it will display for you to select and then edit their information. If the author's name does not appear in the search, you can click "Can't find the person you're look for?" to create a new person record.
Contact Information for Author
- First Name, Last Name
- E-mail address (only editable for new author, if email address for existing author is incorrect, please contact email@example.com).
- Affiliation (company/institution)
- State or province
- Indicate if the author is a student
- Biography for presenting authors
Indicate Presenting Author
- You are required to designate only one presenting author.
- Correspondence will only be sent to the designated Presenting Author.
- The Presenting Author will be required to register for the conference and present at required presentation times.
ABSTRACT TEXT STEP
Abstract – Original Work (up to 475 words)
- Do not include abstract title, authors, keywords, or references in abstract text.
- Your abstract MUST include:
- Establishment of context and significance of your research to the field of brewing science.
- Hypothesis or Objective
- Your abstract should mention quantitative data from representative experiments.
- Data must represent new findings.
*Please note: Abstracts dealing with commercial products/services must have a scientific emphasis and should not be submitted with promotional intent.
Abstract – Review (up to 475 words)
- Do not include abstract title, authors, keywords, or citations in abstract text.
- Justification of the timeliness of your review (i.e. why is this needed)
- Establishment of context and significance of your review to the field of brewing science.
Please review your submission details for accuracy. You may access your submission as needed until the abstract submission deadline.
Click Conclude Submission
You must select this button for your abstract to have completed submission.